Thursday, May 2, 2019

Poem 3.


At World’s End at Vik Beack, Iceland

I left my memory in a damp cave 
protected by a moat of black sand.
An oil lamp lay abandoned on a moss shrouded log
and a flock of Hrafen danced above in a sacred rhythm.
Waves folded in soft pleats against the shoreline
and the smell of damp seaweed 
aroused me to grab a cup of Kjötsúpa soup
and coffee at the cafe up the mountain. 
I turned towards another visitor to make conversation but 
he turned away from my eyes and I remained alone. 
I visited that cave once more, twice more, and lastly in prayer. 
Each time, I wore a red knitted sweater from home. 
To dream of the creatures that have graced this very place!
What stories did they bring? What songs remain? 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Cup of Keyshae. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig