Monday, April 1, 2019

Poem 1.

We took a ride on the
Wheel of Fortune, neither
of us asked to be pinned.
Your back against me
I measured the distance with
anxious fingers and tight eyes.

In a dream, you told me that
you wished on a star
to live in that pink house
near the lake.
A parrot resided in the cypress tree
You said.
A colorful thing that
sang in warbled Spanish.
I woke with a mosquito on my nostril.
A sickening smell of crushed magnolias
clinged to the air.
The guilty rarely sleep well.
I fissured my heart before
you had the chance
three swords shared between us.

A cigarette
my first in six years
under a bridge in Central Park.
Hysteria at sullied white shoes
and disobedient umbrellas.
I'm too soft for straining steel
and late night trains
you are too.
Water is our only salvation.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Cup of Keyshae. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig